Why use Easystatic?
- It advocates convention over configuration
- It's build top of the modern mainstream front-end dev tools such as Babel, Postcss, Browsersync
- It contains a build-in development server with "live reload"
- It can scaffold the basic site layout for you
- Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux
- Node.js v5.0 or newer
npmv3.3 or newer (new to npm?)
node-gypprerequisites mentioned here (optional)
How to Install
$ npm install -g easystatic
How to Use
To build the site and launch it in a browser run:
$ es start <path> # for example, `es start mysite.com`
<path> is the name of the directory with
.md files, or the name of an empty folder.
Easystatic will scaffold the basic site layout for you by creating an "assets" folder with
EJS-based layout template file (
assets/main.ejs) and CSS (
You can customize the look and feel of your site by editing layout files inside the
How to Deploy
Below is an example of how you can deploy your site to GitHub Pages — a free CDN-hosting for static websites:
$ es deploy <path> --repo=<github-repository-url> --domain=<domain-name>
<repo> is a GitHub repository, and
<domain> is a custom domain name
for your site. For example:
$ es deploy mysite.com --repo=username/mysite.com --domain=mysite.com
Check out CONTRIBUTING.md file for information on how you can contribute to this project.